The vision of the Brooklyn Pachamama Community is to be the timeless sacred space where we express and manifest the more beautiful world we know is possible. We align our vision with that of the Pachamama Alliance, where there exists an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on this planet.
The mission of the Brooklyn Pachamama Alliance Community is to hold a Brave Space* in support of the mission of the Pachamama Alliance and in support of local efforts of the Community. We tap into the collective wisdom of and collaborating with a fellowship of changemakers engaged in the following endeavors:
• Social justice: anti-racism, indigenous rights, re-indigeneity†
• Spiritual space holding
• Developing and sharing Deep Listening skills and serving as a bridge to the natural world
• Reinventing the economy
• Healing the local ecology and, in turn, healing and nourishing ourselves through reimagining and nurturing public and private spaces as wild or regenerative spaces to:
– create bioregional resilience
– restore lost habitat
– reconnect the fragmented forest
– reverse environmental pollution and degradation
– mitigate climate crisis
*A Brave Space empowers all participants to step up and speak without judgment or shame.
†Re-indigeneity poses a way of re-aligning ourselves with Life; to set down roots in one place on Earth, take responsibility for it, and be in harmony with it, so as to become a part of that place and honor its sacredness. Here is a great talk on the topic: https://soundcloud.com/bioneers/indigeneity-becoming-native-staying-native-jeannette-armstrong-leslie-gray-katsi-cook