You're invited to a free online screening of the award-winning environmental documentary 2040 ( https://whatsyour2040.com/ )
followed by a panel discussion featuring local experts about local projects and how you can get involved. This inspiring film includes the original Drawdown editor Paul Hawken and covers many Drawdown solutions.
How it works: after you register you will be sent a link on September 26th to watch the film via the email you register with. You will have 6 days to view the film. You will receive another link the morning of October 1st to join the live panel discussion on October 1st at 7pm.
100 ticket are available starting today at 9 am. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/screening-of-2040-and-panel-discussion-tic…
We're excited to be co-sponsoring this event with Toward Zero Waste and Eno River Unitarian Fellowship Earth Justice Group.0 likes
Am sharing a couple of videos with you that are meaningful for me and that I thought might be of interest to you.
First, "Building Solidarity Across Race and Class" in the context of addressing the climate and ecological crises. Timely I think given discussion of things like "climate justice," "just transition," and issues of equity and justice in general.
Second, "Ask a Scientist," up-to-date scientific perspectives on climate change, specifically considering various feedback loops and tipping points. I love the discussion about positive actions in relation to creating positive feedback loops that reverse the trends in climate. Seems appropriate in relation to the part in the Drawdown Review on accelerators.1 like
Do you know someone who would like to know about the possibility of reversing global warming and the important role they can play in making this happen? Then please invite them to come to our Introduction to Drawdown Zoom call this Saturday from 10:00 to 11:30. Personally, I find that one of the best ways for me to cope with our uncertain times is to dive in to work on Drawdown projects, many of which can at least be started from home.
From fear and despair to hope and action!
Thanks to everyone who came to our meeting on Drawdown in a Mid-Sized Town, with special thanks to Rick Savage for being such an informative and interesting speaker. Here are the links from the chat about that project and other area resources.
* Carbon Reduction Recommendations from the Town of Cary’s Environmental Advisory Board. These are based on Project Drawdown solutions. https://www.townofcary.org/home/showdocument?id=22855
* Town of Cary's Green Neighborhood Program. This is an integrated multi-media volunteer engagement program.
* Greenish Neighbors Green Directory
* EcoChallenge Plastic Challenge
Hello Research Triangle Park!
I wanted to let you know that Pachamama Alliance is hosting the VOICES FOR THE EARTH SUMMIT (Wed, April 22, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm, PDT) -- An online gathering of some of the great thinkers of our time to look at how we might come out of this pandemic ready to regenerate our planet and social institutions.
You can register at https://landing.pachamama.org/earth-day to get the summit link, and then join for any sessions that interest you throughout the day.
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT — Morning speakers:
- Arkan Lushwala - Indigenous Ceremonial Leader
- Lynne Twist - Author and Co-founder of Pachamama Alliance
- Paul Hawken - Environmentalist and Author
- Jojo Mehta - Director & Co-Founder of Ecological Defense Integrity
- Mark Reynolds - Executive Director of Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Manari Ushigua - Healer and Sápara Nation Leader
- Belen Paez - Director of Fundación Pachamama
- John Perkins - Author and Co-founder of Pachamama Alliance
- Hazel Henderson - Author and Futurist
- Raj Sisodia - Author, Speaker, Co-founder of Conscious Capitalism Inc.
- Paul Dolan - Regenerative Agriculturalist
12:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. PT — Afternoon speakers:
- Dolores Huerta - Labor Leader and Activist
- Pat McCabe - Activist, Author, and Ceremonial Leader
- Lyla June - Public Speaker, Poet, and Musician
- Van Jones - TV Host, Author, and Activist
- Angel Kyodo williams - Activist and Zen Priest
- Atossa Soltani - Activist and Founder of Amazon Watch
- Annie Leonard - Executive Director pf Greenpeace, USA
- Charles Eisenstein - Author & Speaker
Hope to see you there!